Friday, April 13, 2012

Am I qualified as a Local Hong Konger? :D

After coming back to Hong Kong for 15 years; it's time to test how close I align my character back to a standard Hong Konger :D

Read this list on cnn.com yesterday after Liza recommended it :D

http://www.cnngo.com/hong-kong/life/how-be-local-10-tips-faking-it-316802

1. How to hail a cross-harbor cab - This I don't do :D As much as I like hailing taxi after work, I must say I have never hailed a taxi from Kowloon to HK island

2. How to speak (ends your sentence with la, ar, wor, gar) - Only in Cantonese would I do this. :D

3. How to use an umbrella - Hmm.. umbrella for me is just for rainy days. :D

4. How to document life - This I do 100% of the time!! :D HAHAHA

5. How to ask for tissues - Yup Yup! :D I even would bring tissues when I travel overseas! :D

6. How to tip - I tip round up to the $5's usually :D (e.g. $151 would mean $155) :D

7. How to order food - Yes I do "iced tea with no/less sweet! :D"

8. How to abbreviate - No, I refuse to say "Sorry" as "Sor!" geez, say it like you mean it! :D

9. How to not hold up the line - Yeah!

10. How to count with hands - I think only 6 & 9 have special hand sign..

No comments: