Sunday, March 14, 2010

A day at the racecourse

I never knew watching the horse racing was so much fun. :D

Today's race is situated at the Shatin Racecourse. After lunch, we rode the bus to cross the harbor and then took the train to the race course. It's so easy and fast to get there from causeway bay, it only took about 40 minutes the entire trip.


When we got there, it's still early. The 2nd race had barely just ended, so it's not that crowded at that time.

We took some pictures around the area and found interesting painted horse sculptures all around the venue.

After we found our bearings, we decided to beg some of our hard earned money on horses. :D

Since we are horse betting virgins, Mr. M decided to study some first.


You can see the ticket in the front and a leaflet which explains the rules at the back. :D I left the explaining to Mr. M. I just bet the basics :D

In total we bet 3 races. Which means we actually stayed at the racecourse for about 2 hours. Mike got some tourist luck in the end and won like a $15 bucks. (Let's not say how much we had loss in the process. hehe hehe :D)



It was kind fun being in the crowd instead of watching the horse race on TV. I don't watch those on TV anyways.. Most boring thing shown on TV for me. But when you are in the crowd with people cheering and swearing next to you, the excitement spreads.


This guy looks like a professional horse better. :D Special paper printed with the horses' info are sold to those avid gamblers. :D I'd say this guy has a PhD in horse racing.

We promised ourselves if we won something, we'd take pictures with the silly horse mascot. :D

I will show you this funny posing of some other people instead. :D

All in all, it's a fun experience. :)

After the race, we went to a Temple and a mall and then had dinner with my folks. :D Will show you those pictures later. :D

No comments: