Thursday, March 4, 2010

開年飯. Kick off the new year dinner :)

Sorry was real stressed last week, so didn't update the blog.. again. :D I will try not to slack from now on. :D

The first gathering dinner of the year is very important. It's like the turkey dinner during Christmas, one can't live without :D

My mom's getting older now and she doesn't feel like cooking a 10 course feast for the family anymore. So, this year, we decided we should just spend a little bit more money and dine out instead.

Here's our menu.


I will illustrate the meal with pictures below. :D

This is the Chinese roasted meat combo :D A must have item in any banquets. :D



Lobsters and noodles in creamy cheese sauce.  Let me apologize for not taking picture before it's being touched. :D This picture was taken after everybody had his share of the dish.



Steamed groper which symbolizes plentiful reserve of wealth. :)  The fish was steamed just right! Not overcooked! It was my favorite dish in that dinner.

Spring veggies and Geoduck stir fry. I loved the lotuses, crunchy and sweet.

Golden Cheese shrimp balls :D  This dish was okay.

Everybody's favorite roast chicken :D  It's my 2nd favorite though. The chicken was roasted just right, skin was crispy and the meat was tender.

Steamed rice in lotus leaves. This rice was a bit heavy. I only had a spoonful to taste. I didn't really enjoy it.

Strange sticky rice steamed roll. Some say this is a dessert, I just say it's a dim sum.

Golden Mandarin. My favorite citrus fruit. :D

It was such a hefty meal, although it was set for only 6 people, it's actually good for us party of 7.

In the end, only only these remained...










Someone sucked the head and the tail of the fish. :D only the vertebrae and empty tea pots remain.

Wait... Have you counted how many dishes we had eaten?  There seemed to be missing 1 main dish! :D  When we were all full and about to pay the bill, suddenly the waiter handed us the last dish... which I am sure was lost in transportation and finally found our table in the end.

Abalone mushroom and lettuce. :D  We were so full by then nobody dare touch this dish. It ended up becoming my dinner the next day. :D

No comments: