Today is the Ching Ming Festival which is a day the living would go sweep the ancestors' graves. I was trying to get out of it because of Bronchitis, but my mom says it's good for me to go out and have some fresh air and exercise. Before I give in too easily, we had this conversation:
媽 (mom): 快起床啦!(Wake up!)
me: 吾舒服呀, 重陽至去啦!(I don't feel well, let's wait till Chung Yeung! [Chung Yeung is another sweep grave day in Luna Sept])
媽 (mom): 去拜下祖先便會好啦!(You go worship your ancestors, they will grant you good health!)
me: 癡線! 不如執剤香爐灰我食o丫!! (That's crazy! Why don't you just go scoop up a pack of incense dust and feed me with it! [Incense dust was an ancient superstitious remedy which was believed to cure everything from a paper cut to a stab wound to the heart! which is of course crazy. :D])
Now, back to bed! Doctor's order!
2 comments:
HAHAHAHAHA... this is hilarious!!
Viva LaBean's Gazette! It's my free entertainment as well as my 精神食糧!!
Post a Comment