Wednesday, April 16, 2008

我而家先登記做選民! I just registered to be a voter!

aAfter 9 year back in Hong Kong, I finally registered to be a voter yesterday! :D

I always think, what's the point!? We don't have a 'REAL' say in how the Chinese run Hong Kong. Those people who come out to be elected are bozos and definitely no Ron Paul! :D Recently, the passion of my boyfriend about Ron Paul has changed my mind.

Just like winning the lottery, if you didn't buy the ticket, you would never win. Same logic apply to election, although your candidate might not win, in the end, if you don't register, you may never know whether your vote counts.

Whether there is gonna be a candidate I like is still an uncertainty, but at least now I hold the power to vote or not. :D I always wonder, instead of voting for someone, why can't I just go in and say I definitely don't want this bozo to represent my district? Like when there's no one I like, why can't I just say I definitely don't like candidate "A". :D Votes would be taken away from dude A if I say I don't like him :P

No comments: