Yesterday was an eventful day at work. The usual system down, bug spray, complaints and crazy customer accusing my colleague of insanity. :D haha
Customer: why can't I use my card now?
CS: per your request on 06/04/08, your card has been terminated by yourself, 'mam.
Customer: WHAT?!! I only requested, but you never confirmed me!!!!
CS: (Thinking what the hell!?) Hmm.. you mean our CS had canceled your card without your authorization?
Customer: NO! I mean, how come nobody confirmed me that the card is REALLY Canceled!!! You should call me to confirm again!
CS: (Not knowing what the hell the customer is thinking and dunno how to respond)
Customer: I don't care! You reopen my account now this instance!
CS: No, can't do. Card is canceled, we can arrange apply reinstate a/c for you, but it takes a week.
Customer: I want to complain! I complain the CS who canceled my card! He doesn't value me! He doesn't try to retain me!
- without knowing how previous conversation with the previous CS, my colleague cannot be certain whether there's poor handling in this case-
CS: Well, if you accused poor handling from our CS, we will investigate for you, but as of this moment, you cannot use your card.
Customer: You are crazy too! Your whole bank is crazy! I want to talk to your manager!
Now below conversation is between me and the customer which lasted about 20 minutes
Customer: You are all crazy.
Me: I regret that we have such an impression on you, but 'mam, just as our colleague had told you, your card cannot be used until we successfully reinstate your a/c for you which is subject to the approval of our credit department.
Customer: (Interrupting me).. you are crazy, well, then tell your credit department to let me use it right now! I need to use it right now!
Me: Sorry, credit department won't open until Monday.
Customer: You are crazy!
Me: Mam, I assure you our bank tried her best to hire employees up to the sanity standard, if you stop thinking I am crazy, maybe you would accept my help? *snickers*
Customer: I complaint your CS who canceled my card!
Me: I get your frustration, but until I can listen to the tape of your cancellation request, I cannot lay out a judgment for now. I appreciate your understanding in this matter and give me some time to investigate?
Customer: What?! So you are saying my word is not enough, you don't believe me?! I complain!
Me: Of course I believe you, if I didn't believe you, why would i open an investigation for you? Just that in case of complaints, we need a thorough investigation.
Customer: You sound like you are not very patient with me, I want to complain to your manager. Because I don't want to bother you anymore, Miss, I know you are very busy and I am just a small customer.
Me: Oh, I apologize if you have such a misconception about me right now. I assure you, no matter how busy I am, i treat this case as a priority. But if you feel that I am not appropriate to handle your case, I am sure my manager, Mr Yeung, would not mind discussing with you about my handling.
Customer: (sensing i am not being frightened by her threat - since I am sure i handled her case with case and no fault) What!?! So after all this time I told you my story, you still feel that you have to escalate this case to your manager?
Me: No, mam, it was your request to talk to my manager, wasn't it? I am merely complying with your request mam. So now would you like me to handle your case again?
Customer: You are crazy!!
Me: .....
Customer: Well, so now open my a/c again immediately!
Me: not until we finished the investigation, mam
Customer: I don't see you are doing anything for me right now!
Me: There is nothing I can do that would give you an immediate solution. All I can do now is to assure you I will start my investigation now and will arrange my credit dept to review reinstate your a/c. The soonest I can give you an answer would be Monday.
Customer: All all the credit department people dead! Call them in to open my a/c now!!! I am telling you, I have just spent $5000 today, and you have 0 earning from it!! Serve you right!
Me: (pretend I cared) I regret the loss of business from you mam. But please give me some time to find a solution for you next week.
Customer: I want compensation!!
Me: It sound to me that by losing your business today, we suffered the loss instead of you mam. May I know what did you suffer today to warrant compensation?
Customer: You are crazy! Your CS canceled my a/c without retention! He is a fraud! I called in on that day to ask why there are late charges and finance charges!! Your CS told me I was late because I missed your stupid payment cut off time! So I ask him if your bank treat me that way I want to cancel card!!! How would I know he really would cancel my card!?!?!
Me: (HAHAHA! now finally know the problem!) Well mam, from what i understand, that means our CS had followed your instruction to cancel the card. It's not like he invited you to cancel? I must defend that our CS is trained to be most obedient to customers requests as long as it's legal.
Customer: Why he didn't retain me?! I know your procedures! I threaten to cancel, you would have a special person call me back and try to retain me! why didn't he send someone to retain me? He should have known that I was just bluffing!
Me: (HAHAH! I thought WTF! She admitted she was bluffing! just like she bluffed about want to talk to my manager! :D Good thing I called her bluff. Anyway, we didn't have such an arrangement for retention. But I don't want to escalate her irrational logic, I just ignored her) CS just followed your instruction. But now that i get the whole picture, after the investigation, let me offer to waive the late charges for you as a gesture.
Customer: Now you are talking some sense!
After retrieving the tape of the CS and the Customer, I find no mistake about the cancellation. However, CS missed some key points in confirming the cancellation, such as, she still have $1000+ cash dollar in her a/c, and 2 unfulfilled installments. CS should have reminded her about these before apply the cancellation for her. So, I cannot say our CS had 100% followed our guideline. In this case, on Monday, I will have to skillfully advice the customer to be more direct about her request instead of bluffing us! :D We are not a poker game! :P
Anyways.. rant ends here. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment