Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Dinning with Old Lee! :D 和老李敘舊

My best friend, Old Lee, aka, Professor Lee, :P has returned to Hong Kong for a performance tour. :D Yesterday, we met up for dinner.

Originally, we wanted to go to the Temple Street to have some street foods. But due to my recent intestine mayhem, my other best friend, Old Lau, opposed it. :D

So here we are, at old Lau and my usual Chinese restaurant, enjoying clean indoor Cantonese cuisine.

Other than the standard menu, the restaurant also has a hand written one. What is served that day depends on what the chef can get his hands on. :)

We got there pretty late (7:45pm), so all the soup of the day (例湯) has been sold out. So we ordered the steamed soup, "Veggie and Pig's lung soup" (菜胆炖豬肺), hk$108 a pot.

Usually, I don't enjoy eating pig's lung. I always think it's dirty and icky. But this restaurant's soup was so good! The lungs looked so clean I actually ate quite a lot of it. :D

The lung's texture is sorta like a firmer version of brain. It's not as rich and creamy either. It makes one easier to eat stomach them.

The soup is so clear and low fat. :P

It was just so good! :D



Then we have our main dishes.

White eel and bitter melon stir fry. (苦瓜炆白鱔)

Large clams cooked in spicy wine sauce. (辣油燴大蛤) I can make this one better though. :P

Signature roasted chicken (招牌趣皮蔥油雞). 正!!!

Baked oyster with 'boot' wine. I dunno what 'boot wine' is :D (boot 酒焗生蠔)
[update: Thanks to Mr Chris Leung. Boot wine = Port Wine!] :D


This is really really good!! Highly recommend it! :)

We had a very fulfilling dinner last night. Old Lee lives in the USA for a long time and she doesn't frequent Hong Kong. These are the delights she cannot enjoy back in Chicago. :) I hope she enjoys what we have ordered for her. :)

榮興小厨
香港, 灣仔, 船街

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

「砵酒」就是Port囉。
豬肺湯好飲,但洗豬肺很麻煩,要「啤」水......

Tickle LaBean said...

係呀!! 一般家庭很難攪o家!

有次我媽媽煲豬肺湯, 個湯就好飲, 但個肺就麻麻地. :) 呢間真的好正, 人人都有兩 bowl 仔飲.

Anonymous said...

we ate a lot more than usual that night!!! ^_~

Anonymous said...

That dinner was gorgeous!!!! I missed those fat oysters sooooo much! And I enjoyed our private drinks later that night too! :D :D
SL