Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Book Fair Hoard

I bought 9 books in total in the book fair this year. :) 8 for myself and 1 for my dad. :D

It's so nice to have the books on sales for up to 30% :P

I even bargained my dad's book to 35% off!!! It's a book of many Chinese painters and calligraphers' works.

宋雲軒藏品第八集
It has all kinds of calligraphy and Chinese paintings in the book. for a mere HK$150, my dad praised my bargain hunting instincts :P

潘紹聰 系列.
He is most famous for hosting Ghost/paranormal radio shows in Hong Kong. I download his show's podcast to listen on the bus before and after work. :D Since I am a fan of his, I must get his books! :D 30% off. It's a good deal.


歷史的大爆炸
This is a documentary about the June 4, 1989 Tienanmen Square Massacre. I was a teenager at the time. I think most of my peers in my generation who had experienced going on the street to protest with the students at the square share the same passion about this piece of tragic history.

Mao's Last Revolution
This is the only English book I managed to get at the fair. I think the subject was interesting. I am by all means not a commie. I tried to read it on the bus the last few days, but it seems after a few paragraphs, I always fall asleep. :P I will tell you what I think when I finish this book. :D haha


Last but not least!!!!

"我的低能.." 系列
These comic books are written by my friend Viv's friend, 馬仔 (Maggie) :D It's an enjoyable read. I finished both books on the bus ride home from the fair.
It's enjoyable, but I must say that "我的低能婚禮" is still my favorite. :D


我認為,"我的低能旅行" 可以再長D 就好了, 有點到喉吾到肺 的感覺. :)
而我的"低能大肚之道", 有趣, 但我對生仔呢家野沒有共鳴, 所以沒有 "婚禮" 那本咁正. 不過, 馬仔的書, 無論 topic 關吾關我事都好, 我一樣支持! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maggie should be extremely grateful to have such a loyal reader! Hey don't forget to purchase my CDs as well. :D

SL