Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Fanatic Hong Kong Book Fair 2009!!

This year is the first time I have been to the Hong Kong Book Fair. This is the 20th anniversary of the event.


I don't know why, I have been back to Hong Kong for 10 years now? I have never been to the book fair before. :D


This year, very strangely, I had the urge to go. :D Very very strange indeed, coz I usually avoid crowded places.


I went there on the last day of the event because I have been working everyday since its opening and only have a day off on the last day (28 June, 2009)


Due to working late till 4:30am the night before, I only slept like 4 hours before I head out to the Hong Kong Convention Center located in Wanchai.


There's a a Chinese saying "People Mountain People Sea! :P 人山人海" describes exactly how the last day of the event was.


This is when I was lining up to get the ticket.


The arrangement was not so good that day. I went near the venue and asked a policewoman where to get tickets. She instructed me to go up to a shopping area to line up which I did.


But turned out that line was not for tickets, but for 7-11 snacks!!!! WTF :P


Good thing there is another policeman walking around that snack line and broadcasted, "People! This is not the line for the bookfair, this is the line for food and drinks. If you want tickets to the fair, you may go down stairs (where I just encountered that stupid woman police!)"


this is the snack line which wasted 15 minutes of my precious time! :D


After about 15 more minutes, I finally entered the convention center and bought my HK$25 ticket to enter the book fair. :) So exciting! :D



I arrived at the convention at around 12:30pm. :D At the time, there aren't that many people yet. But when the closing time approached, it got really crowded!!


:) You can look at the slide show here.
http://picasaweb.google.com/ticklyhippo/Small#slideshow/5365931544388485138


I think I have encountered some celebrities at the book fair that day. But being out of touch of the local entertainment industry, I have no idea who these dudes are. :P


I left at 4pm to avoid the traffic. :D I end up buying 9 books. If I stayed longer till the end, I could possibly get more. The news that evening said that books are as cheap as hk$10 for a huge king size pillow case bag! :D But my home really has no space for them. :D



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reporting about the book exhibition to us. :D

SL