Thursday, February 18, 2010

Why is Yam involved in chilly sauce?

My Mom made white radish cake herself this year. :D She always make it herself during chinese new year season. Last year, she didn't though.

So it was kinda nice that she made it again. :D Unlike the store bought cakes, my mom usually put more radishes instead of flour. Making it more fragrantly and softer in texture, the way i like it. :D


The radish cake is not perfect unless there's chilly pepper sauce. :D We have these little packets of chilly sauce stashed in our fridge. :P It's the best time to use them!

These packets taste perfect. :D The perfect hotness for me. :D

Anybody who attended high school with me knows I am crazy about chilly sauce! :D I use to down like 1/3 bottle of the chilly sauce when I was having noodles for lunch at our canteen.

When the canteen owner realized the chilly sauce disappeared faster than they can refill it, they had to resort to diluting it with water. :D It didn't help much though because instead of downing 1/3 a bottle per meal, I just down like the whole bottle :D

Same goes for their white pepper. :D hahah Oh what good old memories of the high school days.


According to the packet, there's dried sweet potato involved when making these chilly sauce. I never would have known if I didn't read the label.

So I guess since I supposed to be on this paleo diet, I should avoid chilly sauce from now on. :P I can still do chilly oil, so no biggy. :D

No comments: