Background: An existing customer insists to get some other extra coupons on top of the gift we gave him for upgrading an account. Since normally, existing customers won't get any gifts for upgrade, so in fact, he's already getting some kind of benefits already.
He said the gift is not attractive enough and insisted to get $100 shopping coupon as extra gift too. Of course, although we are a bank, we are not sprouting money from nowhere. Since this is basically an unreasonable demand, I had no choice but to turn him down :D
客人丙: 你睇下我用咗張卡幾耐?你咁樣對你D尊貴客戶嘅咩?!?
_我_: hmm.. 黃生, 都多謝你由2005用我地嘅卡....
客人丙: 係囉!! 我都用咗你地 十幾年! 啦! 叫你比$100 coupon 我你都 呀Gee呀咗?!
_我_: errr.. (輕微冷笑了一下, 但假裝吾知佢吾識計數) 嘩! 2005 年至現在2008 都三年咁長喇!?!?
客人丙: (佢sense 到佢自己衰咗,静咗五 seconds) .... 你 o個一下冷笑係咩意思呀???!!
_我_: 冇, 我冷笑係因為我都覺得 公司吾可以比到 coupon 你感到無奈吖馬!
客人丙: (奈我吾何) 咁即係點呀?!?
_我_: 真係好吾好意思,我真係冇 extra 嘅優惠比到你呀!
客人丙: 咁你叫我申請Upgrade 做咩呀!?! Platinum card 吾係好尊貴嘅咩??!!
_我_: hmm.. 黃生, 張申請表上冇提到任何 coupon 'bor'. 而你係 agree D terms and conditions 先 apply o家嘛? 黃生, 你如果吾同意當時嘅 offer, 你係有最終決定權嘅, 但你 sign 咗咪 = 同意囉, 你可以放心, 我地銀行係好樂意履行我地原本嘅承諾o家! 多謝你嘅理解.
客人丙: (比我吹到 卑卑聲) ....
結語: 吾識心算就請用計算機, 吾識字睇條款就讀多幾年書啦!!!
English translation:
Stupid Customer: [you check how long have I been using your card!?!? How can you treat prestige customers such as myself this way!?!]
_Me_: [hmm..Mr Wong, you had used our card since 2005...]
Stupid (from here on I will just call him "stupid"): [Interrupting me; "Yes!!! I had used your card for more than 10 years!!!! I ask you to give me some extra $100 coupons and you are rejecting me?!?!]
_Me_: [errr.. (I uncontrollably snickered at him for a nano-second, but pretend I didn't notice 8 - 5 != 10) Whoa!!! from 2005 to now, 2008 has already been **3** long years!! ]
Stupid: [(He sensed his stupid mistake of unable to subtract 2005 from 2008) ... why are you snickering at me!?!]
_Me_: [Oh no, I snicker not at you, but at our company's limitation of not able to providing you with any extra coupons or gift at this moment for you are our most prestige customer]
Stupid: [(unable to counter attack) Now what then?!?!]
_Me_: [ I must apologize again there is nothing I can offer you at this moment. ]
Stupid: [ Then why did you ask me to apply the upgrade!?!! I thought platinum is the most important of all!!! ]
_Me_: (monolog) [ Mr Wong, when you apply the card, there is no mention what so ever about any coupons. I deduce that you have read and agreed the Terms and conditions before applying the card? Mr. Wong, if you didn't agree with our current offer, you had the final decision to choose whether to apply or not. By signing the form, it means you had read and agreed. (not giving him a chance to interrupt me again) However, please be assured that our bank has the ultmost intention to honor our side of the bargin if you choose to keep using our service. I appreciate your understanding.]
Stupid: ...... [Silent and unable to respond]
Moral of this story: If you can't count in your head, please use a calculator. If you cannot read and understand T&C, pls go back to school to learn to read!
1 comment:
This is an example of a real "cheap jing"
SL
Post a Comment