Friday, June 11, 2010

Stuffed Eggplants with Minced Lamb :)

I like to try cooking a new dish every time I come to my vacation cabin (Mr. MonkeyMan's house). :D

I love eggplants. Since my mom is allergic to it, our family avoids it at home for my mom's sake. :)  So now that I am on vacation, I decided I should treat myself a delightful eggplant meal. :D

Mike got home this pack of lean lamb meat, so I figured I'd stuff them in the eggplant. Lamb is also one of my favorite meats. I especially love the unique lamb flavor. :)


I have made enough to serve 3 people. :)

Ingredients:
3 eggplants
a large onion
a bunch of button mushrooms
a bunch of tomatoes
a bunch of cilantro
a bit of garlic
a pack of mutton
a handful of love :D
salt and pepper to taste

How to cook it:
  1. chop onions and garlics into fine bits
  2. chop the tomatoes, cilantro and mushrooms into chunks
  3. brown the onions and garlics in olive oil, then mix in the meat together in pan
  4. throw in the tomatoes and mushrooms and mix with the meat mixture
  5. while the above is cooking in the pan, hollow out some of the eggplant meat to form a bowl shape for holding the mixture later.
  6. throw in the egg plant meat in the pan too. We don't want to waste anything here
  7. throw in cilantro just before turning off the heat
  8. season it with some freshly grounded pepper (since we don't really eat salt anymore, but you can add some salt to taste of course)
  9. when all is mixed and 80% cooked, scoop the meat mixture into the eggplant bowls
  10. place the eggplants into baking dish and pour water or beef/chicken stock with a bit of olive oil which almost covers the eggplants.
  11. cover the food in tin foil and bake for 45 minutes to an hour until the eggplants soak up the stock and tenderized.
  12. Serve on plate with forks!
Isn't it a perfect little eggplant ship carrying a bunch of delightful lambs ready to sail into my tummy? :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad I won't use your recipe when I eat with Rob; he doesn't eat eggplants. :P

SL

Anonymous said...

wow~~~ your "nine-big-ghost"(九大簋)again~~~~ hahaa, such menu could serve more than 6 people(like me) in HK!!! ^o^

Vivi