Since Mike and I had this craving for our favorite Thai coconut seafood soup, we headed to Downtown Sunnyvale this afternoon for lunch.
Just so happened, without our prior knowledge, there was the
Sunnyvale Arts & Wine Festival being held in the area.
I am crazy about street fairs and festivals and farmers' markets. :D So naturally, we side tracked and walked around the fair a bit before we ate.
It's amazing! :D It seems everybody living in Sunnyvale had come here today! :D I have never seen Sunnyvale Downtown being this crowded before. :D
We didn't stay for very long because the sun was grilling our scalps. Well I actually bought a giant straw hat there, so I was fine. :D But Mike doesn't have one, so we left before he got cooked. :D
 |
| This is the lovely straw hat I got. I was gonna get a black one, but Mike suggest to get something lighter color coz black attracts lots of heat, black is not a color for the Bahamas. :D Being a smart woman, I of course listen to his clever advices. :D |
 |
| Just to show you how large is the hat! :D It covers my shoulder too. Having experience the Hawaii sun burn a few years back, I am smarter this time to get a bigger hat. |
Other than straw hat, we both bought some glass sculptures. These are no ordinary glass figures, they are actually made with 24k gold too!
 |
| We got an elephant for my dad and a mouse for Mike :D These are fun to look at, the color changes under the light. |
| |
 |
| When in dark, it could turn completely gold due to the gold applied. |
|
|
 |
| This is a card from the artist who sculpted these glass arts. :) |
There are some more samples the artist sells:
 |
| I especially like the roses there. |
1 comment:
Your straw hat doesn't look too big after all. :D
SL
Post a Comment