I have been to Taipei airport multiple times now. I must say that it's not a very exciting airport to be in. It doesn't look very modern and it doesn't have free wifi like HKG.
Due to its expansion/renovation, the intruction to the connection gate is not very clear. Although I asked somebody at the airport and got the general direction to where my gate was, it was still quite scary when there is no sign confirming you are on the right track.
Anyways, after I reached my gate (D4) I was overwhelmed by a sea of umbrellas hanging from the ceiling. It was the most welcoming scene at this boring terminal.
There are hundred of these umbrellas there! It was impressive. After reading the banner, these umbrellas are from a competition (possibly drawn by school kids).
I couldn't possibly take pictures of every one of them, so here are my favorites :)

3 comments:
1979年我第一次坐飛機旅行,由重香港的啟德機場飛到台灣的桃園機場。
桃園機場剛剛啟用,那時的感覺是很新很先進,比香港的好得多了。
當然過了那麼多年,現在又不同講法了。
係呀! 現在呢個機場已經很 plain and out dated 了.
不過, outdate 都好, 沒有像東京那個機場, 成個 shopping mall 咁, 次次經親都會傷荷包, 亂買日本仔的精品...
ROFL...
SL
Post a Comment