Before dinner, we visited the Carmel Mission first. But when we went there, it was approaching closing time. I am not complaining because the nice lady at the entrance let us just enter for free. She said "We are 1/2 hour before closing, go in, see however much you can, dear". :) Maybe we will go again next time with a guided tour, coz I just keep snapping pictures in a hurry and truly not too sure about the history behind this historical missionary.
After the brief wandering inside the Mission, it's time for us to go. It's really too early to have dinner at 5pm, so we decided to find the "sea" of "Carmel-by-the-Sea".
It was a very cold evening, so we didn't stay on the seaside too long. However, we have found something else to entertain us around the neighborhood.
Looking at the neat mansions, I thought it must be very enticing to live in this town. You get the salty sea breeze, cheery bird chirps, dramatic sound of the waves and colorful flowers here.
Although it was cold and windy when we took this walk, I enjoyed it very much. It was romantic to wrap my arm around Mike's and tuck my hand inside his pocket to keep warm. :-D
When we cannot endure the chill anymore, we headed back into town and enjoyed a lovely meal at a restaurant called "The Forge of the Forest".
No comments:
Post a Comment