Friday, March 7, 2008

Massaro & Santos - A Restaurant on the Pier, Monterey

Continuing from the trip of Monterey - Carmel.. :)

After exploring the enchanting garden at the Jabberwock Inn, with John & Dawn's help, we had decided on this restaurant called "Massaro & Santos". It is a lovely Italian Restaurant right next to the Coast Guard Pier. In the day time, it would have excellent view of the Monterey Bay.

Mike and I started our dinner with a soup.

Left: My soup, the New England Clam Chowder. It's very creamy and smooth, but not as thick as the Fish Hopper's. I like them both.

Right: Mike's Cream of Lobster soup. Oh! It's so delicious. It's very rich in flavor and there were lots of small bits of lobster meats in the soup too.

Then here are the Main Course:

We both ordered from the Special of the Day menu that night. Mike chose this Sesame Tuna in Wasabi sauce. The tuna is served in a large chunk!! Just the outside is cooked, with the inside of the tuna steak still raw like a sashimi. It was wonderfully cooked!

My order was the lobster pasta! I kept thinking, 'I shouldn't have that many meatballs back at the inn!!!!'

The pasta was cooked just perfect! Not too soft, not too stinky. The lobster was fresh and bounced on my teeth! I wasn't able to finish it all that night though coz of the meatballs taking up 1/2 my stomach space! :D Not to worry, however, we doggy bagged it for later. :D

All in all, it's a wonderful meal. The restaurant was cozy and romantic and the food was just right.


After dinner, it's time to go back to the Jabberwock to enjoy a bubble bath. ;)

No comments: