Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Lunch at the Hog's Breath Inn, Carmel (29 Feb, 08)

cCarmel is full of fun little shoppes and classy art galleries. We arrived at Carmel around noon and I was hungry already. :D

But before we found our restaurant to eat, we didn't miss the chance to look at some art galleries first. There are so many galleries there, they even have a booklet with maps and introductions about each of the gallery.

I didn't feel it was appropriate to take pictures of the arts at these galleries without purchase though.. so I only able to take a few pictures of the paintings and sculptures.









The shoppes are so cute also. I kept thinking they looked more like a vacation cabin than a store. :)


Often, you can find statues or arts adorn the outside of the shoppes. I somehow interpret this one on the right as a tired man freeing himself of the boundary of materials. :P

After wandering a while in town, we finally located the legendary Hog's breath Inn. It was owned by the one and only Clint Eastwood although it had been sold awhile back.


Even the building which houses the Hog's Breath Inn is now named Eastwood building. There is also a Jazz radio studio (KRML) outside also. When we visit there that day, Captain Mike Hemp was running the show. :D




Following Mike to the Hog's Breath. The first look amazed us! :)










This is the restaurant's lunch menu. It's mostly sandwich and grills. Dinner would be more elaborate which includes prime ribs, roasts and wine.











The restaurant has its own outdoor sitting area. It was so unique. It has a few hearths around the outdoor area to keep the guests warm. California, although a sunny state, could get quite cold even in a summer day, so these hearths are very handy. We chose to sit outside right next to a fireplace just to enjoy the fresh air and the natural lighting.











off with a bowl of Left: Mike'ssoup each.We start artichokes soup and my soup of the day. :)


Our food comes very quickly after we finished the soup. Mike ordered a chicken salad and I ordered the "French Dip".
The portion of my sandwich was so big I only could finished 1/2 of it. I kept throwing the fries to the birds too. :D

One particular bird would only eat the fries instead of the bread! How strange.

I like this restaurant quite a lot. contrary to some others on the trip adviser website say. You can read my brief review of this place here.







Left: Mike and I enjoying our meal. Middle: There are lots of hog themed decoration around the restaurant. Right: The French fries eating bird. :D

After the lunch, we set out for more shopping around. :)

There are so many cute stores selling cute little things. I wanted so many of these little things too! But one must choose her favorite... Guess which of the below 3 little animals did I pick?










Mike bought me one of the adorable wooden hedgehogs after I struggled a long time to make a decision. :D

Even Mike bought himself a leather jacket too! :)


Here are some other scenes of the town of Carmel.




















After shopping around, it was bout 4pm already. We thought if we head back to Sunnyvale now, it'd be too early. So we decided we should head to the Carmel Mission to do a bit more sight seeing.

...

No comments: