It was such a warm and sunny day. We were glad we picked this week for our trip instead of the last week. Last week was miserably rainy and cold.
It was such a wonderful drive, lots of green fields and cattle can be spotted on the way.
Now let's review this restaurant. :)
Location: A+
Atmosphere: A
Food: A
Service: A+
Price: $$$ out of $$$$$ due to big portion
My order was "Fresh Monterey Abalone with Seared Scallops".
Oh! I almost forgot our soup! It was the reason we come to this restaurant again!!
The world famous clam chowder!! Oh so creamy, oh so rich!!!
This is where I want to mention about my great waiter (I forgot to memorize his name though!). When it come to order my favorite soup, I usually get quite greedy and would order the biggest size on the menu! :D However, the waiter advised us to take a small cup instead because he pointed out that the main course's portion was quite hearty. Good thing we took his advice.
However, to compensate myself for not able to get the clam chowder served in a sour dough bread bowl, I improvised my own little bread bowl. :D It was heaven on earth! I highly recommend visiting the fish hopper just to taste this soup!
If you are not convinced, you can always try a 'test cup' of the clam chowder outside the restaurant too. The picture below shows the 'soup stand' in front of the restaurant. I dare say 98% of the people who had tasted a test cup of soup would be lured into the restaurant for some more! :D
After the Fish Hopper, it's off to the fish tank we went! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment