Tonight's weather is still a little chilly. It happens to be my day off, so we decided we should all go have some hot pot. :D Hot pot has the effect of warming people up, promoting arm and fingers exercise and improving family communications. :D
To start off the meal, we helped ourselves with different sauces. I took some roasted garlics, chilly pepper soy sauce, satay sauce, ginger and onions and extra hot chilly sauce! :D Yum Yum.
Then it's the wait! :D

Waiting for the pot to boil up was torturous! :D
And then we gathered our veggies. :D We've got bok choy, tong ho choy (唐蒿).
Tong Ho Choy is my favorite hot pot veggies. It's fragantly and full of flavors.
Bok Choy is always a safe choice. :D
Here's our seafood mix. We were rationed a plate of shrimps, crab, mantis shrimps and scallops.
They were all quite fresh.
MmmMMm... nom nom nom.. :D
Fresh water crabs are fresh! :D
Cooked Mantis Shrimps. Most people in Hong Kong call them peeing shrimps. I don't really like small ones. :D Suddenly, I remember those huge ones at the Harbor View Hotel early these year. mmMMMm..
The Hawt Pwot (Mike's version of Hot Pot) in action. :D


Left: Chicken and beef; Right: Fish skin dumplings, squid meat balls and some golden stock mushrooms. :)
Some gruesome stuff! :D
Well, oysters aren't gruesome. But we have here are pig's intestines (粉腸) :D
These balls are made of tofu skin. I don't touch these, but they are my mom's favorites.
Last but not least, we had some clams and long shell clams! :D
They were so sweet!
I wish there were more of these. :D But we were quite full by then. :)










No comments:
Post a Comment