Friday, November 14, 2008

我終於看通了! I finally realized! :)

昨晚我有個瘋客.

佢錯誤地用了個virtual account 去買機票, 當佢昨日看到 佢張 e-ticket 上寫咗句 "Please bring along your credit card which this purchase was made to check in." 嘅時候, 佢成個人便癲咗咁 打來要求我們 出張 plastic 比佢張 virtural account.

話明係 virtual account, 即係虛無嘅啦, 只係一張好似 密碼紙咁, 信用額可以在用完一個交易後減低到 $1, 多 D 保安. 但係如果一 D 商戶要求客人收貨時出示 買野時的信用卡的話, 就當然吾好用呢張 virtual a/c 去 order 啦.

我相信呢個客人一定係少 travel, 吾知道 一些 airline 會要求客人出示張卡, 佢咪 '瀨 tart' 囉! :D 佢 爆晒粗口, 失晒理智, 話 我 stupid, 話 guarantee 客人消費順利係銀行嘅責任.. etc etc.

要知道銀行係吾能夠保障客人嘅低能行為o家! 吾好咩都話係我地錯得o家!

當佢不斷咁侮辱我袓宗十八代的時候, 我突然領悟到一個道理:

佢吾係侮辱緊我, 而係侮辱緊佢自己, 佢吾係認為我 stupid, 而佢係係度'怒罵'緊自己 stupid.

我係應該同情佢嘅! 所以, 我今日花咗我自己一句鐘嘅私人時間去幫佢打去個 airline 嘅 hotline 問下係咪一定要 show 張信用卡呢? answer is No. :D airline 只會要求客人出示 credit card 如果那 機票是在上機前廿四小時買的!

又比我學到 D 野囉!

English version:

Last night, I had a crazy customer.

He mistakenly used a virtual account to buy plane ticket. When he received the e-ticket asking him to bring along his credit card which matches with this purchase, he panicked! Practically nervous broke down crazy! :D He insisted us to issue a plastic for his virtual a/c.

The name, 'virtual account' means it's not a real card, it's just a virtual internet a/c. It is issued in a form of pin number sealed envelope, it offers more security to customers. After customer made an online transaction, he can reset his virtual a/c limit to $1 to avoid info stolen over the internet and suffer fraudulent transactions.

I believe this customer must not have traveled as much as I did. :D As you know, some airline would actually ask you to show the credit card before they issue you the boarding pass at the check in counter. When I told the customer nothing we can do to help him, he went berserk! Yelled at me and said I am stupid and sworn at my whole 18 generations of ancestors. :D He even insisted that the bank has to guarantee customers' transactions a success. etc etc.

Regret to say, bank does not protect customer from their own stupidity / ignorance! Although bankers are now one of the axis of evil, we did not wrong the customer in anyway in this incident.

However, when he kept on swearing at my ancestors, I had a realization!

He is not swearing at me or humiliating me, he's humiliating himself. He is not mad at me for being stupid, he's actually mad at himself for being a retard!


I felt that I should show some compassion for his stupidity. So I spent 1 hour of my private time at home and helped him call the airline. The answer I got was "customer only have to show the credit card if the purchase was made within 24 hours of departure!"

This is truly a learning and self discovery lesson.

No comments: