There are 2 things to celebrate in this post! :D
1) I survived a H1N1 flu scare! :D It turned out to be a false alarm after all. hehe
2) I am finally well enough to write this 400th post for my blog! :D
Now, As you all know, I went to US of A for 3 weeks. When I returned with multiple symptoms of flu, I was treated like a walking blubber of plague who threatened the entire Hong Kong population. :D
You will find out what my experience of the HK gov's H1N1 contingency treatment to the like of me. :D It will be a bit long, so bear with me :P
Upon my landing at the HKG airport, I was required to fill out a Hong Kong entry / exit health declaration form. I was not quite in my right mind at the time, so I didn't save myself a blank copy or take any pictures of the said form. But my folks, who happened to travel to China often, saved my day. :D
Here is a Shenzhen version of the entry / exit health declaration form.
BTW, feel free to click on the pictures to enlarge them :DSo, I carefully selected "cough", "Stuffy Nose", "Fatigue", "Sore Throat", "Headache" "Runny Nose" and "Muscle and Joint Pain" on the form.
When the health officials who guarded the customs check out point saw my form, she yelled to her senior, "Boss!! Red alert!!! 大佬, 見紅呀!"
Then I was ordered to put on a mask, then shuffled to the 'dungeon' (basement :P) of the airport and to see a doctor! :D hehe I must praise the boss' handling though. He was alerted, but calm when he escorted me to the dungeon.
I striked up a conversation with him, asking him whether he has encountered people like me a lot or am I a very very special rare case? :D To my disappointment, I was not very unique. :D hehe. He even comforted me by saying, "how often do you get a doctor check out on you for free!? :D Don't worry, if you have the H1N1, we will take you to a hospital right away!".
However, at the time of this encounter, I was the only person waiting in the dungeon, so I still think I was quite special. :D Temperature was measured hastily in the first station, and then I was lead to the real doctor.
At the time, he gave me some leaflets about what to do in case my symptoms worsened.
This is the leaflet to tell you which special clinic you should head to for special treatment in case of having a fever. :D
Since I didn't have a fever at the time, the doctor advised me I could go home and spread my common flu gem to whoever I feel like. :P In the mean time, he suggested I should see a normal doctor about my flu. That's what I did. :D
I traveled home by taxi that day coz I figured, if I did have the swine flu, i better just spread it to 1 taxi driver than to a bus full of people. :D My coughing was quite bad at the time, I bet the taxi drive was ultra scared. :D So when the ride ended, I tried to give him a hefty tips, but he refused. :D Such an honest guy!! :)
That's not the end of my journey of course, stay tuned.
To be continued...



1 comment:
Long live your blog, LaBean!
SL
Post a Comment