I have taken my computer downstairs to get fixed and just got it back yesterday afternoon. :P
It came back practically new... :D because the old mother board got fried and the components in the old computer were also too old to be compatible with the new board.
So, for a mere HK$1550, I got a new board, a new DVD-R Rom, a 2GB Ram, and a new cpu ; got rid of the old CD-R & DVD-R, sound card, video card, a 1GB Ram, historic 5600 dial up, and lan card and things I prolly didn't realize was there. :D haha
The computer runs very fast now and seems satisficatory.
However, when I want to activate the reinstalled windows, I encountered some problem. :D
I have a total of 3 freaking windows xp disks.. All legal! X_x
Now, one of the disks has gone missing, and then the professional version is damaged.
I have all 3 keys with me, but don't know which key is for which disk. :D
So randomly, I just put the 1 remaining disk in, and randomly entered a key. It let me install alright, so I thought hey, it's okay then. But when I tried to activate it online, it says it cannot do so for me and ask me to call those hotline idiots! :D
I don't know who is the idiot here, but when I call them, a lady with mainland accent told me, "Mam, you know it's like a door lock, only 1 key would fit for each lock"
Then I ask her "if the fuxking key I put in when I install is not for the disk, why the hack you let me install then!?!?!"
She has no other answer for it and just repeated the key & door lock story.
I gave up talking to dumb hotline people who didn't know how to handle idiot customers like myself. :P
After 3 tries to reinstall windows with a matching key, now the computer finally is up and activated.
It's time I learn Linux! :D Maybe in my next long vacation, I will test drive it with my laptop. Mr. MonkeyMan would be delighted :D
Lots of tweaking still need to be done. There is no sound right now, but the graphic is better then my old card. :P
good luck to me :P
1 comment:
There is this thing called master key which opens multiple door locks! :D
SL
Post a Comment