I freaking forgot to file my tax this year!!! So the Hong Kong Governement decided that I have not been feeding my dear parents and decided I should pay full tax this year, which is a handsome $11000 + !! :D
What the hack!!!
Of course! After I received the Tax Return slip I freaked out like I never freaked out before! :D
I thought I had filed it!! Or.. I thought that when I didn't have to pay tax, the government didn't ask me to file... or some other weird reason!!!
Turns out that I actually selected the 'protect the envorinment, save a tree' option and opt out getting paper tax notice last year!!
Thank goodness the IRA agent I encountered a few days ago was quite nice. Didn't threaten to arrest me for failing to file tax etc.. :D
He politely ask me to refile it online and also file a protest, then they will resend me a new tax notes..
I just finished filing right now.. at 4am...
I clicked on the tax estimate just now and find that I still have to pay tax! Damn that HKCCA Award last year, I actually received about $2000 reward money from my employer which jacked my salary up the notch! :D
Well.. After getting that $11k tax estimate before, paying only a little bit more than $200 is a blessing! :D I am not complaining.
Now I switch back to the "kill a tree by receiving paper tax notice" again... Let's hope they re-estimate my tax payment in time. :P
3 comments:
Despite I have been in this tax profession for more than 10 years, I have never filed an electronic tax return in my life! :P
So you have filed the Return and the protest both online? As a friendly reminder, if the protest (or objection) has not been filed within one month of the date of estimated notice of assessment is issued, the estimated tax could be final and conclusive and the Return that you just filed online might not be taken into consideration.
HL
Yeah I just objected :D hehe they send me the tax return on 11 Sept (911!!) :D I just filed and objected. :D cross my fingers...
Good... that should be ok. :D
HL
Post a Comment