Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Farewell to a Familiar Face

Our security guard, Mr. Fook, down at the entrance just retired. He's 1 year older than my dad and he always emit a father figure type aura around him. Tonight is the first night when i have to punch in the security PIN to get into the building. Mr Fook had been with us for more than 3 years. Every night when I get off work, I would linger a few minutes and chat with him. He has become a good friend and a warm welcome after a day of hard work.

I remembered he told me he loved to eat ice cream during winter because the ice cream won't melt so easily. So, on the last night of Mr Fook's duty, I bought him a little cup of ice cream. I bid him farewell and wished him well in his retirement. We both got a little teary eyes that night :D

We now have a new security guard, a young lady, but she doesn't smile, doesn't greet, doesn't open door for me. It makes this cold winter night even colder.

No comments: