I remember when I was a small kid, my dad used to make me Agar-agar Easter Eggs :D It was poor man's jello back in those days.
不過, 時移世易, 百物騰貴, 廿幾三十年前只賣一元一大札, 2009 年, 一包 8” X 8" 平方的大菜糕 賣成十幾蚊呀!!
However, Time has changed. Inflation happened. What used to be hk$1 a big pile now costs $16 for a square of 8 inch X 8 inch! :D
點解我無啦啦會整? Well, 近期和 Mr. MonkeyMan and 老李遊長洲, 那裡有間甜品店, 佢地賣嘅"蛋絲大菜糕" 簡直係正呀! 清涼爽口! 令人回味! :D
Why would I want to make it myself? Well, lately, I have visited Cheung Chau with Mr. MonkeyMan and Old lee. There is a brilliant dessert store there which sells shredded egg agar pudding. It was so refreshing and made me want to make it myself! :D

Mr. MonkeyMan holding a bowl of the store bought Agar Pudding. :D做法好簡單..It's simple to make it.
你煮溶咗 D 大菜, 加少少糖, 然後等佢凍 就得喇.
You just need to boil the Agar-agar until it melts, add a little sugar and wait till it cools and sets. That's it! :)
不過, 我今次有個新嘗試, 就係用花荼做調味喇.
But this time, I experimented with flower tea to enhance its flavor.
The ingredients included in the flower tea pack are: Hibiscus Flowers, apple, Rosehips, passion fruits, papaya, pineapple (ick), cornflowers, and sunflower blossoms.
The agar strips have soften in the flower tea. :)
here's the finished product :D The color is so pretty :D
When it's cooled and set, you have some gravity defying Agar-agar pudding :D
For more information about Agar-agar, visit here. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment