Saturday, February 21, 2009

今晚食咩餸! What's for dinner? :D

My work office has moved since last week. It takes time to find another 'canteen' where a bunch of us can get out of the office and relax for an hour.

Yesterday I had visited this little restaurant (茶餐廳) which seems quite promising.

I ordered a steamed eel with tofu with black bean sauce dish. (鼓汁豆腐蒸大白鱔) Eel is one of my favorite fishes in the world. :D

Although it costed $62, the dish sizes was quite generous.

The black bean sauce wasn't any ordinary black bean sauce. It tastes different than normal black bean steamed stuff sauce. So at the end of the meal, I asked the waiter what they had put in it. They said it's their special secret.

But let me make an educated guess... :D They put some roasted whole garlics, ginger, green onions, a little bit of plum sauce and a bit of chilly sauce. All these different flavors exploded on your tongue. Quite interesting.

Location of the restaurant can be found in below picture. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

嘩,菜式比我這邊的大酒樓更正!

Tickle LaBean said...

係呀, 千萬吾好小自呢D 小小茶餐廳呀, 今晚我再去食下 吾同嘅菜色先.. :p

Anonymous said...

I love HK's 茶餐廳! But $62 for a dish is on the expensive margin (for me).
SL