Today the Olympic fire has arrived to Hong Kong. I am just watching the Live broadcast right now. I just thought Hong Kong people are so short :D
When there were protests in overseas about China's inhumanity during the Olympic ceremony, I thought nothing of such about these men in blue. I just thought they are small and ugly, but now they are in Hong Kong, they are towering over the Hong Kong fire handlers and they acted organized and all proud.
I can't help but wonder whether there would be protests during this Hong Kong event. Somehow, I doubt it. The immigration has denied entry of some of the key protest players from entering Hong Kong. What a shame!! I always thought Hong Kong should remain free until 2057. I think I am too optimistic.
Anyways, there are even some actors being assigned to hold the fire. I thought, why not ask some more meaningful people such as people who are recognized for their contributions in doing charity work in society to hold the fire instead of these nonsense people from the entertainment industry?
The ideal of the Olympic has lost its way in this little city...
... update (11:21am)
Now I see an engineer being the fire keeper.. Okay, maybe I speak too soon about the entertainment people as fire keepers. However, why are they placing these professional people in a section of the track where no public can access?? Don't they deserve to be cheered by the excited public while they run their 200 meters?!
11:54am
Oh! There's this 14 year old ping pong player kid as the 34th fire holder... :D I just saw some elderly people cheering at him at the Tsing Ma bridge Vista. Oh the side note, my parents' "China Loving Old People Association" has also sent them to stand along the street to cheer for the fire handlers. :D Their position is somewhere in Shatin which is coming right up!
12:44pm
Now it's more like it! There's an eye doctor (Dr. 林順潮)being the torch bearer. He's reputed to do lots of charity treatment to the poor. :)
13:56pm
Who would have thought watching a bunch of people jogging with a torch could be interesting...
Now there is a horse rider holding the torch, cheery and proud. Hong Kong will be the host of the Horse riding events for the Olympics.
No comments:
Post a Comment