I no longer need to look over my shoulders to check whether a paranormal being is following me home. :D
I was gonna take some pictures of the offering ritual and write about this major festival back on the hungry ghost day, but Mrs. LaBean said it's unlucky to do such a thing during the ghost month, so I wait till now! :D
But, the little disobedient LaBean in me took over me and I still managed to take some pictures of different people doing the rituals. :)
These flags are mostly the priests banners, telling both the living and the dead to anticipate the event.
They even have a paper ship as an offering. Legend has it that to get back into the underworld, you have to cross a river, so the boat comes in handy. :D
And you can see there are 2 priests getting ready in the shrine.
There are other locations with these kind of rituals going on also. Here are some pictures I took near my work.
+%28Small%29.jpg)
+%28Small%29.jpg)
If you are interested in reading more about this festival, you can go here. There are lots of different ghostly stories associated with this festival. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment