Saturday, October 4, 2008

死! Death!

經過呢一役, 我雖然戰勝咗死神, 但係都係有D o籐o籐震嘅感覺. After this battle of Bronchitis, I think I have defeated Death. :D In order to face death bravely, I will dedicate this post to "Death".

所以, 我呢個 post 係會 dedicate to Death.

原來我都識得幾多'死'嘅講法... There are actually lots of ways to say Death in Chinese.

中國人對死畢竟係有忌諱, 所以通常都吾會就咁話 "佢死咗"嘅.. However, we Chinese feel that it's taboo to talk about Death directly, so usually we would have some other indirect way to say it.

我地可以講:
  • 仙遊 (sight seeing in heaven)
  • 過身 (exiting human body)
  • 逝世 (exiting life)
  • 去世 (exiting life)
  • 走咗 (go away)
  • 入土為安 (rest in piece under the earth)
  • 歸天 (return to heaven)
  • 瓜咗 (this is more of a slang, I think it means "turned into a melon" as in melon are grown from earth and you are buried underneath it)
  • 掛了 (this is what I learned from watching Taiwanese talk show lately. :D It means "hanged, hanged up")
  • 打包 (wrapped in body bag)
  • 熄燈 (最近呢個説法係從無線電劇-家好月圓而興起嘅) (turned off the light (this is a recent saying from a HK TV show)
而係英語方面, 原來我都識得吾少... These are the English way of saying Death I know from top of my head

  • deceased
  • expired
  • passed away
  • crossed over
  • pushing daisies
  • bite the big one
  • checked out
  • in heaven
  • RIP
而我在internet 打滾咗咁多年, 識咗吾同國家的朋友仔, 都學識咗幾個不同國家的'死'字.. Lurking around the internet for so many years, I have met people from different countries, they had taught me these.. :D

  • muerte (Spanish)
  • tod (German)
  • morte (Italian)
死死聲,真係吾好聽.. :D 都係好好保養身體, 健康為上... :D 善哉 善哉! :>
Death, no matter what country you are in, I think it's still not a fun activity people enjoy. :D Amen. :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

百無禁忌。
中文還有廣東話的

瓜老襯
拉柴
釘蓋
香左

英文有
Kick the Bucket

Tickle LaBean said...

hahah yes yes, I forgot about those!! :) Thank you so much! :D