Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Chinese Medicine

I've been eating western medicine for > 2 weeks and my coughs still not going away. Yesterday, my doctor even said my old friend, "Mr. Bronchitis" had visited again. :D

My parents and bosses all say if Western Medicine is not working to cure me, maybe I should seek some alternatives.

So my mom chaperoned me to a Chinese medicine healer, (I don't call them a doctor, coz i think that's reserved for people having a MD or PhD :D)

Here's her business card. It seems everybody can practice Chinese medicine. According to her card, she has a Master degree of Chinese Law from the University of Beijing, and a holder of diploma of Chinese medicine of University of Tianjin (Hong Kong branch). :D Well.. She has a law degree, so I hope at least she's smart. :D

The medicine packaging is simple. The healer wrote up a sheet of herbs that suppose to be good for you and the medicine cabinet owner would help measure and collect the appropriate herbs for you. The herbs are then wrapped in this kind of paper packaging with 2 rubber bands to tie it up. :D

These are the stuffs that supposed to cure me.... :D Don't ask me what they are... I think they are some tree trunks and leaves and seeds and flowers. :D Good thing this time it has no dead animals or insects in it.


This is a traditional medicine pot. :D You have to boil the herbs from 4 bowls of water down to 1 bowl. :D It's bitter as hell! :P But old people say "Bitter medicine makes you feel better". :D

I don't quite agree. :D




This is the final product and I drank it after dinner time.

No comments: