Monday, March 19, 2012

There is no need to log in as me after I am dead on facebook :D

After reading the piece of ghost story news yesterday, I've been pondering about death. :D

This made me think of how eerie it was if someone else logged in my account as me and converse with my friends after my death.

I mean "ifidie" was just gonna be my last message, that's all. If it were feasible, I would even ask my 'trustees' to delete my a/c permanently. It's not like I will need that a/c again in my next life. :D

I remember last year, when a colleague passed away, her boyfriend kept logging in her a/c and left message about how much he missed her and stuff.  After about 1 week of this, I couldn't help but to remove her facebook a/c from my friend list so his messages after her death will not be seen by me again.

I appreciate the fact that he loves her and misses her, but shouldn't it be done on his own a/c, not hers??!!  After all, her friends aren't necessarily his friends, e.g. I am her acquaintance,  I don't really know the boyfriend in particilar, so I don't feel like seeing her news feeds updated long after she expired.

Call me cold hearted, but I considered this another form of haunting which I can't bear.

There is this other piece of news about the legalization of digital properties. Which was quite interesting to ponder on. :D


http://mashable.com/2012/01/26/digital-assets-after-death/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Advancement much needed in this area.

SL