Friday, May 25, 2012

Lovely lunch at Stanley

It was my last day of a mini 6-days vacation yesterday, so in my last attempt to have fun, I went to Stanley to see the so called "Titanic Exhibition" at the "Hong Kong Maritime Museum".

I must say while the Titanic Exhibition was a disappointment, my lunch made up for it. :)

It was such a lovely cloudy day, I chose to sit outside at the patio for my relaxing 1.5 hour lunch. :)

Here's my choice for the meal:

  • Complimentary rye bread with olive oil and vinegar 
  • Serrano Ham & Salami with Melon
  • Lobster & Spinach Bisque (+$25 for upgrade from soup of the day) I called this the Hulk Soup (too much superhero fantasy lately)
  • Grilled U.S. Prime Rib Eye Steak with Port Wine Sauce
  • Sangria (+$58 with the meal)
  • Iced after meal Coffee

The whole meal cost HK$370ish which is quite worth it as the quality was good.

The Sangria was not as good as when I had it in Spain, but it's good enough to bring back the fond memory of my last summer trip in Spain. :)

The spinach soup was interesting.  This reminded me of the greenish spinach glue I had with Old Lee at the House of Prime Rib in San Francisco back in 2005. :D  I am not very fond of greenish stuff made into liquid form though. :D 

The appetizer, melon and harm was refreshing and I wish I could just have another plate. :D

Steak is always my choice of meat when I go out to eat somehow, so there's not much surprise there. I asked for medium rare, but it comes a bit too well done.  But the meat itself was tender enough to make me overlook this flaw. :)

Overall, I would recommend this restaurant for when you feel like indulging yourself a bit in a lazy afternoon. :)

Mijas Spanish Restaurant

Shop 102, 1/F, Murray House, Stanley Shopping Centre, 7 Carmel Road, Stanley, Hong Kong

1 comment:

Vivi said...

if this restaurant offer "fried squid", i am pretty sure that you will try~~~

^_^

Vivi