Tuesday, May 29, 2012
香港海事博物館 之 Titanic Exhibition!
I was so excited when I saw this poster outside the museum, I understood the exhibits probably won't be big, but I didn't expect it just to be a few cardboard full of information which I had read many times on the internet already! :(
Frankly, I expected at least like a silver fork fish out from the shipwreck to be displayed, not just cardboard displays. :p
One of the displays caught my attention though, titled "The Hong Kong Connection". I didn't know there were Hong Kong people on board!
There were actually 8 Chinese sailors on board the Titanic and 6 of them survived!
More Reading:
http://www.encyclopedia-titanica.org/chinese-sailors-titanic.html
http://topics.scmp.com/news/hk-news-watch/article/Hong-Kongs-Titanic-survivors
Well, the museum of course has other permanent exhibits which really tells you Maritime history. :) I only found out this "No picture taking" sign after I finished taking all the pictures I could inside the hall. :D
Here are the pictures:
http://ticklelabean.shutterfly.com/
The museum will be closed starting 4 June 2012 and be relocated to its new location at Central Piers in early 2013, so I dare say the pictures I took would be worth seeing because who knows what they would put in the new museum next year? :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment