Sunday, June 1, 2008

Another Episode of Childhood memory :)

Hehhe... I was just chatting with my best friend, Sonia. Suddenly I remember this 'Kester Grant College", the old high school I studied in when I was in Vancouver!!!!!!! It's been almost 15 years ago!!! :D

Although the school name stays the same, the system and the location of the school have changed. I was the very first generation of that school's students! :D Back then, the school was just in its dawning age. Classrooms had only enough chairs for 5-7 people. Each 'grade' had only about 5-7 students.. :D hehe

There were only a handful of teachers also.

We Hong Kong people would call these kind of so called high school, 'wild chicken schools'. It was a stepping stone for international students like me to get into Canada. :D It was a fun time too. I must agree small class education is much better than those large classes in public schools.

We had one Mr. Parker who looked like a Santa Claus who taught Math, Chem, Bio, and Physics. He used to yell "HO HO HO!" whenever he saw me due to my name! :D hehe

We had one Dr. Cheng who taught social studies and also acted as our chancellor. He ate too much sashimi (due to the cheap price) and result in getting some kind of parasite in his intestines.

We had one hippy, tie dye shirt wearing, English Teacher.. I forgot his name who taught us English by letting us watch lots of classic movies, such as, "The commitments", "Hamlet" (The Mel Gibson version :P), and "Citizen Kane". His favorites were Clint Eastwood cowboy movies which we enjoyed. :) He was also the director of our school play, "Macbeth". I was one of the three witches :D I had it on video.. unfortunately, the tape was taped over by my parents with some stupid Andy Lau concert looooong ago.. :D
He was also the teacher who ever succeed in getting me interested in Shakespeare's works!
To be, or not to be: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;
No more...
To this day, I still remeber the above lines from Hamlet.

Kester Grant, although a wild chicken school, was the school which inspired me to learn. It was such a great time in my life. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a shame that 99 out of 100 times you hang up on this best friend's calls.

Tickle LaBean said...

It really depends on which 'best friend'.... :D