Monday, June 30, 2008

Funny Toilet Signs

I was stumbling around the net looking at funny websites for entertainment today. I was amused by a blog post: Toilet Signs - Really Krazzy

I especially like that Ninja sign there. :D

This reminded me of a picture I once took inside a toilet stall just awhile back. :D Thank god for my trusty digital camera, now I can take pictures even while doing the business! :D

The sign is funny if you can read Chinese.

I dunno how to illustrate the funniness in English. :D If my readers can help, much appreciated! :D

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a translation of superb quality! Where did you see this? Please specify your location!
SL

Tickle LaBean said...

where's the translation??

Anonymous said...

This sign is bilingual isn't it?!
SL

Tickle LaBean said...

Yes, but 來也匆匆, 去也沖沖, has a hidden meaning :D The plain English translation is not funny in that way :P

Anonymous said...

I actually read the English phrase first and I saw the Chinese one as the translated version.
SL

Anonymous said...

匆 = fast, quick, hasty
沖 = flush.

It's a good play of words.

The correct Chinese phrase supposed to be:來也匆匆, 去也匆匆. (Which means, "It comes and go in a flash")

The substitution of the word 匆匆 into 沖沖 (which sounds the same in Cantonese) makes the Chinese version funny.

So now it means, "You've come in a flash, flush before you go"

If you just translated the English into Chinese, it would just say 用後請沖厠, which is more commonly used.

Ms LaBean, I hope my interpretation suits your needs.

Tickle LaBean said...

Yes!!! Thank you!!! that's what i mean :D