The Mandarin Oriental Hotel is one of the oldest 5 star Hotels in Hong Kong. This is the first time I ever step foot in such a historic hotel :P Our buffet dinner was hosted at the Clipper Lounge. I felt so excited when I first saw the interior of the lounge. It's quiet and spacious unlike the hotel we originally wanted to go.

I was served some high graded Jasmine tea and bread, high tea style, when I arrived. I thought I went to the wrong place because usually there's no bread being served this way at buffet restaurants. :P But I was glad there was bread there because the butter that comes along with it was so creamy, Viv ended up eating more butter than she would have normally. :D


There was once a great philosopher said to me, "Hehe, whenever you see food, your eyes light up!". Nothing can so accurately describe my eyes last night. :P The sight of the Seafood table in the middle of the restaurant was so welcoming, I almost didn't wait for Vivian to arrive before I dig in! :P
The portion of each dish is small, but just right. This let you taste more of their different foods instead of getting full too soon. Although there aren't too many selections, all are very deliciously cooked and delicately presented. I adored the bamboo steamed fish very much.
After the small sampling of the seafoods, we get into serious business. Vivian first chose a bamboo steamed fish and a slice of thin prime rib.
I was more greedy. I had a basket of steamed fish, a slice of smoked salmon, a slice of cold cut roasted beef, a slice of roasted potato, 2 cubes of honey braised pumpkin, a small piece of pork's neck meat and a piece of soft shell crab tempura. :D Yummmmmmy! :D
This is what I called "Serious Business"!The prawns are huge!!!! Both Viv and I had about 3-4 of these big babies!!
And then, there is my 2nd plate of seafood! :D Oysters, Alaska cold crab legs, unagi, small coach, shrimps and stuff!! Oh My! :D How can these good stuffs not lift up your spirits!? :D
My share of prime rib! I have to say though, prime ribs should be eaten in slabs!! Not in slices!!! I am sure Sonia would agree with me about this aspect of Prime Ribs!
A small bowl of Chicken Cream Corn soup to conclude the meaty session of the meal. I couldn't resist the temptation of one more baby lobster. They are really as good as the prawns. It's all good!
Talking about temptations, the Mandarin Oriental Hotel is most famous for its cakes and desserts. According to my boss, Gladys, its cake shop is like a jewelery store! :D

It is quite true as these bite sized delights are adorned with shaved silver for decoration. I didn't even know silver can be consumed this way! :D How exotic! :D How naughty! :D
Here you can have a glimpse of the dessert table. "nom nom nom..."Here ends the feast. But there's this cute story about a tree....


In the beginning, our bonsai on the table was tiny and cute... :D In the middle of our meal, the waiter took it away for watering. Somehow when it was returned to our table, we noticed it had grew 3 times as big! :D
Vivian and I both declared: "Wow! It grew bigger!!" :D
The waiter than teasingly asked us: "would you ladies like it bigger or smaller? [evil grin] >:D)
I am sure he didn't mean the tree! :P hahaha
So here ends this post today... :D
2 comments:
I found out the answer already! :D
Wow the prawns look delicious; so do the oysters, crabs, prime rib...
What else did you guys eat? No dessert?
It's perfectly ok if you only had a "slice" of prime rib in such occasion! :D
Oh by the way, I felt honored to see Central Time is being included in your world clock!
Post a Comment