I just found out that the Shinlin night marketing I visited a few times in my previous Taipei trips was only a temporary location.
Although I am excited to have a new place to visit next time I travel to Taipei, the old temporary market will always be a treasured memory.
![]() | ||
| These are pictures I took in 2008 of the night market. In 2008, it had a carnival like stalls for fun and games. They are no longer found in 2011. |
![]() |
| Now these are 2011's picture. :) Not too different from 2008. But as of now, this part of the market is moved to a newer and permanent location. |
More Reading:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shilin_Night_Market
http://the-sun.on.cc/cnt/china_world/20111226/00429_010.html (新士林夜市失風味)
http://udn.com/NEWS/LIFE/LIF1/6806669.shtml (油煙鎖士林夜市 逛到逃出來)
http://udn.com/NEWS/NATIONAL/NAT4/6805033.shtml (新士林夜市…人車多 油煙多)


2 comments:
So what happened to it exactly? I think I've been to there once.
SL
it's moved to a perm location. Read the "more readings" I have provided!! :D
Post a Comment