But... There's this annoying drilling upstairs every single day from 9-5... It's so irritating, it feels like it's drilling right into my skull. It practically drilled all my creativity away!
Now.. :D Let me show you the pictures of our buffet meal which would definitely makes you envy of me.

bread! :D
... which goes along very well with their signature butter! :D
I love being served with genuine silver wares. So very classy :D
my cup of Jasmine tea. My very favorite. :)
When I see sashimi, I go crazy :D
HUGE prawns!!!! We put the chopstick there for reference. Can you imagine the joy we felt when we saw these babies? :D
The brain of the prawn is golden yellow :D The most yummy part! :D
Another round of sea creatures before moving on the the mammals :D
Now to the 4 legged creatures... :D I can never pass up any prime ribs! :D Even though it's not a 3 inches cut thick :D the roasted prime ribs were so good. :D
Too bad I only had 1 slice. :D I needed to save some space for the rest of the goodies I haven't tried yet. :D
Too bad I only had 1 slice. :D I needed to save some space for the rest of the goodies I haven't tried yet. :D
I also had a rack of lamb. It was the best lamb I have ever had. :D It still has that lamby kindy smell and taste. I don't fancy mint jelly much coz I think it tastes like toothpaste. :D You don't eat toothpaste after brushing anyways! :D But you can see I had a scoop of mint jelly nonetheless just to try. My feeling towards mint jelly didn't change. :D
And then, I had a bowl of seafood chowder! :D I love chowder. Although this soup wasn't as good good as the clam chowder I had in Monterey, it's nonetheless very enjoyable. :D
Then I sampled some carrots with thyme, a piece of cod in creamy white sauce, and CHinese cabbages with dried scallops and some squid ring. :D
I highly recommend the carrots!! Thyme and Carrot are made for each other. :D
OUCH! It's dessert time! :D It's my birthday party! :D so I am allowed to indulge! :D
Thank god these are all in miniature bite size! :D
Old Lau and I sat at the restaurant until 9:30pm :D I had such a good time, I couldn't wait for my next birthday. :D
Thank you once again, old Lau.. :D













3 comments:
Mandarin's dinner buffet is definitely the best in town!
HL
I concur :D
Maybe You, me, Old Lau and Old Lee should have a mini gathering at Mandarin Oriental next time when Old Lee show up. :D hehe
Sure! It should be fun (and may be noisy) to have four of us together. :P
HL
Post a Comment