Sunday, May 10, 2009

Vietnamese Spam :D

Old Lau went to Vietnam earlier and bought me an edible souvenir, the Vietnamese Spam. (札肉) :D



This is not the first time I have eaten these Vietnamese Spam. Back when I was in Canada, I always buy some from China Town for cooking noodles with. I have not seen one this huge though. :D

The one I got from old Viv was 8 inches long, 3 inches in diameter. It's crazy huge! :D

I had some for dinner last night.


It seems to taste different too.

Because of the heavy wrapping of lotus leaves, a faint fragrance of the lotus has leaked into the meat. Maybe I over cooked it some, so it's not as 'bouncy' on my teeth compare to the ones I had in Canada.

It's like eating sashimi in Tokyo, having a piece of Vietnamese spam bought to you directly from Vietnam is as authentic as it can be! :D


Viva Viet Spam! :D

Thank you very much, Viv! :D

2 comments:

chris said...

札肉像火腿,即切即食,不用煎也可以的吧。配些芽菜、紅蘿蔔絲、香菜、米粉、花生碎、紅辣椒粒、魚露.....夏天妙品。

Anonymous said...

係呀,即切即食ga.....

Vivi