Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The best Uni I have ever tasted! :)

After my internet is back to normal, I figured I should celebrate! :D

My usual means of celebration is to eat! :D Eat something good that can cheer you up, that's the key! :D

Did you know that those Japanese grocery stores would slash their prices drastically near closing time? :D Last Saturday, with the internet problem nearly resolved, I figured I'd visit Jusco after work at 10pm to check out the crazy closing of the day sale. :D  It was such a blast!!

Let me show you what I got.

Sea Urchin from Jusco store! they are called Uni in Japanese. :D My dad was holding this for me so I can show you how big these are!! :D They are like 2.5" long, 1" wide and almost 1/3" thick!! Original price was HK$130, but due to price slash, now only $90



This is a picture with the same Uni, just with flash and close up. If you click on the photo, you can see the little individual sacs of the uni still intact. It's so fresh and sweet and a little sea water bitter taste. Ohhh it's heaven.
I must say these sea urchin are much better than the ones Mike and I had in Sai Kung. Those local grown sea urchins were too skinny when we went this March.
Live sea urchin from Sai Kung, Hong Kong
The ones I got at Jusco are flown from Japan and it's as fresh as getting them in Japan.

Talking about Japan, even the Uni we got from the fish market wasn't as fat as these one I got at Jusco!
Mike and I tasted our first good uni in Tokyo. The uni is hidden in this bowl. :D Can you find it? No? Let me zoom it in for you. :)

Looking at this picture makes me hungry. :)
Well, I must say, no matter where the sea urchins are from, either it be from Sai Kung, Tokyo or Jusco, they are all good.

Good in different way. If I were to rank it, I would still rank the sea urchin from Japan and Sai Kung better.  Not because they taste better, but because I had those with Mike when we had vacation together so I score them better due to sentimental value. :D hehe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yummy!!!!!!

i'm looking forward our buffet next week(May19)~~ ^o^

vivi