Sunday, May 16, 2010

Birthday Present :D

Approaching 36 year of ripe old age has its advantages. :D

Not only did we went on a binge Japanese cuisine eating event yesterday, my folks and I also went to look for gold trinkets for my 2 betrothed cousins.  It is customary for the elderly of the clan to gift gold jewelleries to the newly weds. :D

You might have known about this already, but my parents love me. :D I must say it out loud. :D Because when we went to buy gold stuff for my cousins, my mom said, let's buy me some too. :D

And here's what I picked. :D  It's a little gold bracelet with a series of little butterflies and hollow leaf shaped rings. The cuff is a traditional "S" shaped close. :)


This same chain would have only cost like HK$1200 5 years ago. (Because when Liza got married, we got her a little chain almost the same weight and it didn't cost as much than now). Now it cost $3xxx!!!!

Naively, I commented to myself, "Why the hack the gold price is so high now." I thought I knew the answer, but my mom's answer kinda was not what I have expected.


She said, "Because people don't trust the $US dollar anymore, so they just go buy gold as investment instead of investing in the USA money."


I thought it was purely because of supply and demand. I think the reason that the gold price went up so crazily was because many mainland china people love to buy gold and they are so stinky rich now, they would afford any type of shiny things.

In case of a WWIII, this would probably buy me a bowl of wild rice or a few potatoes.. :D Must keep it safe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

suggest you to see my new post....hahaaha...i 嗮冷 of my gold rings~~~

vivi

Anonymous said...

Your bracelet is cute!

SL