Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Adorable Chocolate Rain Bag :D

Mike bought me this bag while we were strolling along the Soho area of Hong Kong back in March. :D


I have been using this almost everyday since and it seems this bag has drawn lots of attention from fellow ladies. Sometimes, I go into shops and the cashiers would ask me where I got this. :D I couldn't pinpoint the address and just know it's somewhere from Soho area.

I loved this bag the minute I saw it.. :D but it's was quite expensive for a plastic bag (well, the outside is weatherproof plastic, but inside is lined with cotton of course), so I hesitated. :D Mike must have known that if nobody made a decision on the purchase, we were gonna linger at the store until past happy hour. :D So, he being a decisive man, said, "Honey, if you like it, let me get it for you." :D

That totally turned me into a decisive woman right then and there... hahaha

I was digging up my dad's old news paper stash for something to read earlier and found a piece of article mentioning the lady who designed this bag. Her name is Prudence :D She turns patchworks into arts and now become quite famous.


After a bit of searching on the net, I have finally located the correct address for the store. :D Next time someone asks me where to buy the bag, I will just point her there.

But Prudence told Mike and I this is the only one left of its kind. :) So, good luck ladies! :)

More articles can be found if you are interested.
http://www.com.cuhk.edu.hk/ubeat/080182/chocolate/chocolate.html

http://trans.wenweipo.com/gb/paper.wenweipo.com/2009/08/02/OT0908020030.htm

http://mylittlethingco.blogspot.com/2010/01/chocolate-rain.html


Location:
Chocolate Rain flagship store
Shop A, G/F, 67 Peel st. (卑利街), Soho. Central, Hong Kong

The store front looks like this:

Heh, just noticed there's another famous personalty of Hong Kong in this picture too. :D I will tell you about him later. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much was the bag?

SL

Tickle LaBean said...

almost $600!! :D

Anonymous said...

I thought you were gonna say "priceless," as Mike got you the item. HAHAHA...

$600 for such a bag... no comment. I must admit that it's cute though.

SL