Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Year of the Dragon decorations

The year of the Dragon is coming, there are dragons everywhere!!!

Unlike Christmas, I probably won't roam around malls this Chinese New Year.  :D So, I present to you the mall closest to my office, Tai Koo Shing! :)

There are seriously huge Chinese Dragons around the mall. Everything is so giantic, even the fake peach blossoms are like 2 stories tall!  Impressive!


The dragons on the walls and the peach blossoms are really enormous. You can see the people walking under the dragons are like stick figures. :D

I like these Dragon banners hanging above the skating rink.

To celebrate the year of the dragon, the mall even has a King's Dragon Robes exhibition (I call it "大展龍袍") .  These are robes worn by Guangxu 光緒  & Jiaqing 嘉慶.  The Black one was worn by The Empress Dowager, Cixi 慈禧太后. The Dragons on the Emperor's robes has 5 claws, while the Empress' would only have 4 claws to distinguish them apart. 
 


As a bonus, I give you another dragon which is located near my home. :D I'd say this one is too skinny and unimpressive.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So your post is really on time. :D

I've a former professor who likes oriental dragons very very very much. She has numerous dragon decor in her house. I think she might also have been born in the year of dragon. Maybe I'll find some dragon goodies and send to her.

SL

Tickle LaBean said...

Maybe I will check out some dragon stuffs for you at the new year market :D

Anonymous said...

Well, only if the (nice) stuff can be easily sent by mail!

SL

Tickle LaBean said...

okee :D

Anonymous said...

Love It!! Thank you for sharing all the beautiful pictures.:)

Liza