Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Double chickens meal!

The first thing we did on this mini get away trip once we arrived China was to eat! :D ehehhe

It is the beginning of a series of satisfying meals on this trip.

Have you ever had 2 chickens served in a single meal? :D This restaurant, I forgot the name, was famous for its signature "game hens" (走地雞), so the guide ordered 2 chickens for each table! :D We initially thought the 2nd chicken was given to us by mistake. :D


My friends would tell you, I loathe non-frozen chickens. I hate its earthy smells and tough meat. :D But these chickens, although freshly slaughtered, were done just right!

The sesame oil covered the earthy smells.  The chicken was skinny and simply no fat in between the chilly crispy skin!

Ok, enough about chickens... let's show you other dishes I enjoyed.


Top Left: Famous Shunde fish balls 順德稷魚球 & pumpkin stew
Top Middle: fresh greens :D
Top Right: peanuts and green beans and pork stir fry
Bottom Left:  Watercress soup (Love it!)
Bottom Right: Steamed fish



No comments: