Tuesday, February 7, 2012

iPad2 for dad! :D cheap pad for mom! :D

When we visited my favorite uncle in lunar new year, he gave my dad a gift (Pictured below) :D   My uncle called it a "Cheap Pad".  It's an imitation of some-brand's tablets, which runs on Android. :D


Gosh, all the functions of a smart pad are there, but it's just too slow and the touch surface is not too sensitive.  It's annoying when you try to swipe it, and it's not responding; when you try to tap it, it thinks it needs double tap. Anyways, it's functional, but it's just too damn slow even for my dad.

The problem is, once dad is introduced to a pad thingy, he won't give it up until I fix it! Fix it how?!?!?! "Make it faster!", "How to open this game?!", "How come I can't get to this game?!", "How to take pictures? (it only has a front camera, which is stupid)


Arrrrggggghhhhhhh!!! So, as a good daughter that I am..... :D (and to avoid "fixing" that cheap pad for dad every other minute) I finally bought dad an iPad2. :D



This is the cheapest version of an iPad2 I bought. HK$3xxx. 16G, only WIFI capable, no 3G (dad doesn't need to go online on the street anyways.)

Steve job once commanded his staff, "Make people fall in love with apple's products!", he had really achieved this goal!

Dad now won't even let me play it unless there comes a time when apps needs to be updated! :D He has officially joined the i-thingies addiction league.

Now the cheap pad goes to mom, she is not complaining :D


p.s.
With the iPad in my dad's procession, I can do facetime with my folks when I travel around the world. :D hehehehe. First trip to test it out would be in June when I visit USA :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to buy my mom an iPad 2 too but she keeps rejecting it.... and I keep getting feedback that most elderly just fell in love with it once they are given one.

Maybe I need to find a way to convince her....

HL

Tickle LaBean said...

Don't ask for permission :D Just buy it and let her play with it. :D She will love it. :D If not, you will love it! :D hahahah

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're so generous! :D Yes, everyone would like it. Are you coming to the US in June?!

SL

Anonymous said...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technology-blog/expect-apple-ipad-3-171007389.html

SL

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with Winnie just buy it and your mom try it she will be ihook

Tickle LaBean said...

To answer SL. Yes. My leave is just confirmed for june.

Vivi said...

Good buy (rather than buy shoes)~~~ my dad also love his iPad 1 when my brother bought him 1 or 2 years ago....i will buy an iPad 2 for my mom later, so that i can face-time and whatsapp with her when i move to US~~~

Give us a full report after your test in US this June~~ ^o^

Vivi

Vivi said...

Hilda, you just need to buy it and put it on the table, then, your mom will use it and love it~~~

Vivi

Anonymous said...

I like the term "iHook" so fucking much! I think it's Liza who wrote that comment! :D

SL

Tickle LaBean said...

correct! :D You should get an ipad / iphone and then get touch app so that you can join in old lau and old lam and I's group chat :D