Thursday, February 23, 2012

九江雙蒸博物馆 (Kiukiang Double steamed rice wine museum)


Next stop is the 九江雙蒸 museum.  It is not a museum you can just randomly walk into. I just found out from their website after this trip that you had to pre-book the time you would visit. :D So anyways, we went there as a group obviously. :D

I especially like this picture of my dad. :D He's truly enjoying himself.
I always thought 九江雙蒸 is merely a rice mom my mom use to cook with or sprinkle on the ground during the ghost festival. :D  I could not be more wrong!

There are many different kinds of wine, such as plum wine, rice wine, stinky rice rice wine, etc. I think they are recently brewing their own white and red too.

A museum is not a museum if there is no antique looking things. :D
The tour was about 1/2 hour long with a guide leading us to different locations which shows us how the rice was steamed and fermented into wine.

At the end of the visit, everybody was rushed to the shop, and of course, naturally, I could not control myself and did a bit of impulsive shopping.

I bought 2 sets of these for souvenirs for my colleagues. :) Aren't the decorations on the bottles adorable?? :)




Museum's official website: (Chinese language only)
http://www.kiukiang.com/chinese/pmg.asp

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are those antique looking things real?

HL

Tickle LaBean said...

heheh :D they are Real duplicates ;D

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had much fun with your travel companions! :D

SL

Tickle LaBean said...

More like they had fun due to my royal presence! :D hahah

Old people like seeing their youngin' following them around. :D

I enjoy being the youngest in the crowd! :D hahahahah seriously the youngest. :D