Wednesday, February 29, 2012

WoW, my dad is somebody in Central! :D

My dad and I went to Central today to shop for tea. I never realize how famous my dad is!  Everywhere he took me, he was given discounts and chatted up a storm! :D

He first took me to his usual lunch spot (波記). This is like his canteen when he was still being employed... that's like 10 years since he retired. :D 

TOP LEFT: The restaurant is actually a make shift outdoor tent! 大排擋:D You can't find these type of eateries as many as it used to anymore. TOP MIDDLE: The Chef in action! :D TOP RIGHT: ratio of hot sauce to noodles is about 3:5 hahah I used up 1/2 bottle of their hot sauce paste. Sorry.  BOTTOM LEFT: The Menu. BOTTOM RIGHT: What we ordered:  Fish and greens flat noodles stir fry, and beef and soy sauce stir fry. :D
The eatery is famous for its stir fries. The beef noodles stir fry was done perfectly, not oily at all.

After this, he took me to a fruit juice store just a few steps away. :D I ordered the best melon juice I have ever tasted, no sugar added, just pure juice squeezed right in front of my eyes with an electric juicer as old as I am.


The lunch costed $50 (it should have been $53)
The juice costed $20 (It should have been $23) :D


address:
Alley next to 148, Queen's Road Central

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh... I like the added eyes that you gave to the chef. :D

SL

Tickle LaBean said...

heh yeah to protect the identity of unsuspected victims of my camera :D