Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hi Ho! Hi Ho! It's off to Vote I go.. :D

It's the Legislative Council Election of Hong Kong today. For the first time in my 30+ year humdrum life, I finally voted! :D

It started when I received my election notice a few days ago. It contained a voter's Poll Card, a map of your designated election center, a election guideline and a booklet about the candidates.










Heh! Notice the election center's name? "Fukien Secondary School" :D Together now, let's say the word "Fukien" out loud! :D

The process is actually quite painless and simple. You first get to walk to your designated center and show your HKID card. Then they would point you to your designated desk to pick up your ballot.

Now let me ask you a question, is the color of the square on the right hand side yellow or green?!? I was being pointed to a green desk to collect my ballot! I looked and I looked, I could not find anything green!! :D All I could see was the color on the right, which was very YELLOW to me! :D hahah

Another volunteer came over and guided me to the desk and we had sorta a little discussion of whether this was a green or a yellow color. :D In the end, he kinda agreed that it's more to the yellow side. It's like yellowish poopy yellow :D Kinda funny.

If somebody wasn't color blinded, the whole process should have taken only 2 minutes. :D It was good though coz it makes this experience all the more memorable for me. After all, I am no longer a voting virgin anymore! :D

Yay for being able to vote finally! :P

Here are some more pictures taken by my cell phone. :D


Candidate #9 Mrs Regina Yip with one of her supporters in Causeway Bay.


This is taken near my home. The candidates are trying their best to promote the election.


You can see the banners of the candidates under the shades of the trees.

No comments: