I was reading an article about the 'unbalance gender situation' in China this morning. It's not a new piece of news, but as I was reading it along, I couldn't help but thought to myself "What a lucky girl I am".
Although there's no one-child-policy in Hong Kong, my parents only had me! :D And unlike most many Chinese parents, they don't mind me being a girl. Although I am not a perfect daughter to them, but I think they are pretty content about how well they had brought me up. :D
They had bought me up right!
When parents did a good job on their children, why care much about whether they are boys or girls? :) After all, this world needs both male and female to continue.
Chinese people have this problem about continuing their family name by the male line. But what is in a name? It's not like it cannot be changed. If your male child didn't like you, he could just go to the immigration and change his last name from Apple to Orange. Why so uptight. :) (何必咁執著呢?)
I say male and female are different, but equal. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment