Friday, September 5, 2008

LaBean's Library (Tolkien Section)

I have not heard of Tolkien's literature until I heard from my boyfriend and his gangs about "the Lord of the Rings" movies.

 'The Hobbit' is a fun little book about the adventurous Bilbo :D It's an interesting and fun read.

'The Lord of the Rings' trilogy is definitely an epic!!  Although the first 1/2 of 'The Fellowship of the Rings' is quite slow, but once you get to the middle of the book, I guarantee you won't be able to put the book down until the end!!

And then there are 'Silmarillion' and 'Unfinished tales", I haven't finished reading these though. :P  But I think they are also about the Middle Earth.

Many of the D&D role playing games people play nowadays are inspired by Tolkien's stories.  He even invented the languages for the different races in his book.  He's really an amazing writer.  

No comments: